Sunday, October 16, 2005

Promises

Standing on the promises I cannot fall
Listening every moment to the Spirit’s call
Resting in my Saviour as my all in all
Standing on the promises of God

-- From "Standing on the Promises" by R. Kelso Carter

There aren't many moments more miserable than those in which I lose sight of God's promises to me. I was trying to put those sentiments into words, but somehow could not find the right ones. Then this song popped into my mind; I haven't heard or sung it in eons, but I know that's what God is calling me to do, to stand on His promises, because they are the ones that will come to pass.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To me, the phrase "resting in my saviour as my all in all", really jumps out. I think my worst times are when I am either trying to do things on my own strength or relying on others to be more to me than they should be. Interesting isn't it, how a song can express your thoughts or make you think?

Mon Oct 17, 03:07:00 am  
Blogger Laughingcow said...

My sentiments exactly. :)

Mon Oct 17, 11:56:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home