Wednesday, September 14, 2005

For the tiny moments


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This was two Saturdays ago, when I was walking to the bus stop. I drive very little these days because my uncle has been borrowing the car (which isn't mine to begin with) with increasing frequency and over longer periods.

That afternoon, it had just rained. The air was cool to the touch, the scent of wet grass filled the senses, and the pavement was wonderfully speckled in pink by the flowers that had fallen. As I took slow, deliberate strides across the strewn petals, my heart burst with unspeakable joy, as if the path had been lined just for me. Just like that -- nothing fancy, no big "miracle" -- just a tiny moment between my Father and I, and the beauty of His creation in the midst of this concrete jungle, that made another day perfect. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home