Monday, October 10, 2005

Yesterday

Sitting there yesterday, spent from the emotions, it suddenly occurred to me that I hadn't had such a meaningful exchange in a long time. Don't get me wrong, there are many things that are very important to me, that I talk about with others, but these days it feels like these conversations inevitably end up with us reaching some point where we (1) are incredibly frustrated by the indifference of those around us, or (2) hit this sticky part where we know -- if we take the conversation beyond -- will open an old can of worms that we no longer feel we have the energy to deal with. Some days, I find myself walking away from situations that I never would have before.

Sitting there yesterday, I felt my heart noticeably lighten, and my smile more easy than it had been in a while. We talked for hours, and it didn't matter that we didn't have the answers, or that there were so many things that we couldn't understand nor resolve. It was incredibly refreshing -- the sincerity and concern; where, for once, no one was trying to win an argument for argument's sake, but all seeking after the one thing that truly mattered: the heart of the Father.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lion of Worship said...

I completely agree. It is the Father's heart that we need to be hard after. And it is also amazing when you can get friends with that same desire.

I do have a challenge for you though. In the morning, ask God to guide your conversations. As him for "divine appointments" with people that you wouldn't normally think it is possible to reach with the message of God. You may be surprized what comes up!

Mon Oct 10, 04:58:00 am  
Blogger Laughingcow said...

:) Admittedly I do tend to pray for such things only during "special occasions." I guess the daily convos need much prayer too. :) Thank you for the reminder!

Mon Oct 10, 05:04:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lion - What a great challenge! I admit that don't often pray for those divine appointments, even though I desire for them to take place. I'll try to remember to do that.

Sat Oct 15, 02:18:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home