Sunday, October 23, 2005

Grandma

Grandma is sick. If you can manage a prayer for her, I'd be immensely grateful. She's staying with us for the night, and hopefully we'll be able to convince her to let us take care of her. I completely understand that she doesn't want to burden us with her presence, but I wish she knew that there's nothing else that we'd rather do; for her to live on her own when she can't even walk in a straight line worries us beyond what she can imagine. We've been asking her to move in with us for years now; praying, hoping, waiting. It isn't the sickness; it's that she's my grandma.

Grandma is sick, and it is in these moments that my priorities get straightened out. I wish my grandma would come to know Jesus. It's not a project, it's not my mission; it's that Jesus is love. For years now... praying, hoping, waiting.