Monday, October 09, 2006

Free hugs

I typically don't post videos on my blogs because I'm allergic to clutter, but I came across this and it made me cry.



I don't have much time to do my homework on this, but the first thought that came to my mind in those first few seconds was that that is exactly what Jesus is doing, except that it isn't Free Hugs He's giving, but Free Love -- and except that it isn't Free, but given freely at a huge price.

That's what we do: we snub Him, we ban Him from being in some places; we're so suspicious that there are no strings attached to begin with, because just why would anyone do that? And you know what, I don't blame them, because I'm still asking myself that question every single day. But that utter joy when just one person reciprocates -- He loves us that much. It truly boggles my mind.

And the song. I'm probably reading it all wrong (because what kind of a band calls themselves Sick Puppies, hurhur), but God does have His way of speaking to us, eh? :)

***
Go ahead, tell me you'll leave again
You'll just come back running
Holding your scarred heart in hand
It's all the same
And I'll take you for who you are
If you take Me for everything
Do it all over again
It's all the same

Hours slide and days go by
Till you decide to come
And in between it always seems too long

-- From "All The Same" by Sick Puppies

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know. (re Sick Puppies i mean =))

hope you're well!

Tue Oct 17, 11:54:00 pm  
Blogger Laughingcow said...

I'm good! :) May be going down to town area for training next month, maybe we can have dinner then. Will let you know when! :D

Wed Oct 18, 09:05:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home