Sunday, August 27, 2006

Thank God it's Footwear

I think it's supposed to be some rite of passage for one to hate their first job and complain about it incessantly, but I just haven't had the opportunity to do either. It's actually been going well, and it's gotten exponentially better in the past week, especially in terms of relationships. Of course, with the month-end reports coming up in the next couple of weeks, I might eat my words, but in the meantime, I couldn't ask for more.

I woke up with a massive cramp in my left calf on Thursday morning though, and the nagging pain still persists. I blame this on the irresistibly pretty heelies that I wear to work. That's about it, and I think if all I have to complain about is footwear, then I know I have a lot to thank God for.

***

Perhaps what I love most about working is that I can really leave it all at the office at the end of the day -- no homework, no projects, no exams. And because of the location of my workplace, where we have to catch the company bus out promptly at 5:30 pm, there is practically no culture of overtime work, so I have enjoyed the after-work dinners and fellowship with friends and family, and the freedom at which to attend prayer meetings without worrying about undone work (which was admittedly a huge concern when I was schooling).

It's a nice habit that I've gotten into these past weeks, and one I hope to keep up. It's one thing to meet up as a group, and quite another to have intimate one-on-one conversations; well, some more intimate than others, but it's always a very different direction of communication over one in a group setting.

***

It's different, being back home. It's a different life -- in some ways easier, in other ways painfully more difficult.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home