Friday, May 26, 2006

Running the good race

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."

-- 2 Timothy 4:7 (NKJV)

It's not how you start the race that matters, but how you end it. That has been a resounding reminder for me this week. We received our final academic results, and many of you will know that I've been struggling with my studies for the most part of these past four years. So for me, to jump a class in this final sem -- it almost drove me to tears. Thank you, God.

It isn't the race that Timothy was talking about, of course, but it provided me with an overwhelmingly personal analogy, especially in the midst of this leadership course that we're attending at church, and just everything in general; even in the most trying times, it's worth reminding ourselves that it is difficult precisely because we're still running the race -- it isn't the end yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home