Wednesday, January 25, 2006

When someone you love becomes a memory

Dad suggested we make a trip down to the columbarium, so we did. We didn't asked any questions; we didn't need any reasons.

Standing in front of the niche, I couldn't quite believe that it's been five years since Grandma left us. Grandpa's second death anniversary is coming up in two weeks. There are no words, you know. None for the memories, none for the tears, none for the grief, none for the joy that they brought us.

As we were about to leave, I caught sight of a tiny card at the corner of one of the other niches. I read what was written on it, and my tears welled up again; they fell in large droplets onto the ground, some splashed against my feet.

"When someone you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. Our daughter and grandson became a memory 9 years ago. Those memories have become a treasure, as you said. I just never thought of it that way. Thank you.

Thu Mar 16, 04:14:00 am  
Blogger Laughingcow said...

I'm glad you were touched. Sorry for your loss; I know it isn't easy, no matter how much time has passed.

Thu Mar 16, 09:57:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home