Saturday, January 14, 2006

This road

A million miles away from anything familiar
A thousand places I would rather be
So I choke back the tears, and try to find the bright side
Though I find it hard to see beyond my suffering

In my heart I know Your plan is so much bigger
This small part is all that I can see
And I believe You haven't left me here to wander
Still I can't help but ponder where You're leading me

And I ask
Why this road, why this way, and this load
Tell me how far must I go
Till I see, till I know, why this road

A million miles away from anything familiar
What was it like to be so far from home?
And though You came in love, the world misunderstood You
There must've been some days when You felt so alone

But You endured because there was joy before You
Joy that came because You sacrificed
Since You gave Yourself just to spend forever with me
Surely I can trust You'll lead me, through my darkest times

From here I cannot see
Why You choose this path for me
But I don't have to understand to believe
That You know why...

You know
Why this road, why this way, and this load
You know how far I must go
Till I see, till I know, why this road

-- "This Road" by Ginny Owens

(Download 06 This Road.wma, 5.00 MB, 04:20, via Mooload)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's beautiful

Sat Jan 14, 02:58:00 am  
Blogger Laughingcow said...

Glad you liked it. :)

Mon Jan 16, 12:46:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home