Saturday, September 30, 2006

What makes us whole?

What makes a man whole? Is it his ability to do all things with the skills that he was born with? Is it having a brain that overcomes all trauma and wills the future into existence? Is it having friends or companions who can stick with you through thick and thin?

-- "Darren's Story" by Ian Tan, Empty Vessel

I haven't had the time to blog, which naturally also means that I haven't had the time to read very many blogs, which also means that if I did happen to read something that would lead me to take the time that I do not have to post it here...

***

I was listening to a Beth Moore sermon the other day, and she was talking about how even though God, during Saul's reign, unequivocally told the Israelites that David ("a man after His own heart") would be king, it was to be many years and through a ridiculous amount of hardship on David's part before that happened; God is interested in the process as well as the progress, she said, using every step of the way to mould us into who He has designed us to be.

I need that. I need to always be reminded of that, and I am thankful that even though I foolishly fail to abide in the constant assurance of His love, He continues to drop me unmistakable memos, in shocking pink post-its. Or tear-jerking blog posts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home