Monday, December 25, 2006

Thank You

And I thank You Lord
For the trials that come my way
In that way I can grow each day
As I let You lead
And I thank You Lord
For the patience those trials bring
In that process of growing
I can learn to care

But it goes against the way I am
To put my human nature down
And let the Spirit take control of all I do
For when those trials come
My human nature shouts the things to do
And God's soft prompting
Can be easily ignored

But I thank You Lord
With each trial I feel inside
That You're there to help lead and guide
Me away from wrong
For You promised, Lord
That with every testing
That Your way of escaping's
Easier to bear

Yes, I thank You Lord
For the victory that growing brings
In surrender of everything
Life is so worthwhile
And I thank You Lord
That when everything's put in place
Out in front I can see Your face
And it's there You belong

-- "Thank You Lord" by Dan Burgess

I haven't heard this song in ages, and I can't seem to find it anywhere. I can't even seem to find which album this is on. But it's a reminder that I need so much this Christmas.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my that is one of my all time favourites...thanks for reminding me esp. during this time...

wish you and your family a happy new year 2007!! plse give amy a hug and a kiss for me...how is she? when you have the time do send me some photos..thanks in advance :)

Thu Jan 04, 03:44:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home