Sunday, April 03, 2005

RIP: Pope John Paul II

"For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain."

-- Philippians 1:21

Admittedly I know very little about the late Pope, but seeing how loved he was has prompted me to find out why -- and I'm slowly beginning to understand.

Someone said (that I read yesterday but cannot seem to find now) that if he had never become Pope, he'd probably have gone down as the world's greatest Catholic philosopher. Reading some of his speeches now, I'm also beginning to find out just why they said that.

Annie
has an entry on his passing that made me cry, and Danielle knows that even in mourning, there is cause for joy:

"The news that the Pope has just died is both very sad and very joyful at the same time. He's finally Home now, which is definitely cause for rejoicing. He was a wonderful man, and I know Jesus is happy to have him in heaven tonight."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home