Friday, February 11, 2005

No higher calling

Down at Your feet, O Lord
Is the most high place
In Your presence, Lord
We seek Your face

There is no higher calling, no greater honour
Than to bow and kneel before Your throne
I'm amazed at Your glory, embraced by Your mercy
O Lord, I live to worship You

-- "No Higher Calling" by Lenny LeBlanc and Greg Gulley

It's so easy to want the perks without the hardship.

If only I could remember better -- I would score better on my examinations with less effort.

If only my parents wouldn't nag so much -- it's not like I don't already know these things that they tell me, and it would make me enjoy their company a lot more.

If only I could find that one person -- my life would be complete. I know it.

The truth is: Any effort will be "too much"; an alternative is to have parents who didn't care for or love me; no human could ever fill all of the voids.

It's so easy to just want God's blessings without the burden of carrying the cross.

Daily? I have to carry it daily? Isn't that a little excessive?

-- How often then? What if I had complained about the cross being too heavy? What if I thought that daily blessings were "excessive"?

And that's when I knew -- that it's not just that we want the good without the bad -- it's that we even think of God's love in those terms, when He never even stopped to consider that He was giving the very best to those who hurt Him the most.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home