Sunday, January 30, 2005

This is my desire

This is my desire -- to honour You
Lord, with all my heart, I worship You
All I have within me -- I give you praise
All that I adore is in You

Lord, I give You my heart
I give You my soul
I live for You alone
Every breath that I take
Every moment I'm awake

Lord, have Your way in me

-- "This is My Desire" by Reuben Morgan

I just realised that whenever I come across lyrics on someone else's blog, I seldom take the time to read them; it seems ironic that I would keep a collection like this.

I was told last night that my "type" of music is those with "good lyrics." I don't know if that was meant to be a compliment, or that he was telling me that I'm tone-deaf.

Whilst my favourite songs are those whose lyrics can stand on their own as poetry, I refuse to take anything away from the music. That's a huge part of what God has given to these talented singers and song-writers.

I'm just saying that if the melody is all there is to the song, I'm not going to be singing to it. (Hit me baby -- whaaaaat?)

I don't know about "good lyrics," but I'm contented with "God lyrics." Just a bunch of honest, simple words to sing to -- ask Reuben Morgan, he knows. ;) In any case, no amount of "good lyrics" will ever truly be enough. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home