Saturday, January 22, 2005

Fool?

Over MSN, edited for spelling errors. :)

Me:
Even if they listen, they're not listening.

EG: Yes.

EG: They look at us like we are fools.

Me: If following Jesus makes me look like a fool...

Me: I will look like a fool.

Me: Like how we are risking our 25 MB...

EG: Amen.

There are times when faith and common sense do not align
When hard-core evidence of You is hard to find
And I am silenced in the face of argumentative debate
It's a long hill, it's a lonely climb

'Cause they want proof
They want proof of all these mysteries I claim
'Cause only fools would want to chant a dead man's name
Maybe it's true, but

I would be a fool for You
All because You asked me to
A simpleton who's seemingly naive
I do believe --
You came and made Yourself a fool for me

I admit that in my darkest hours I've asked "What if?"
What if we created some kind of man-made faith like this
Out of good intention or emotional invention
And after life is through there will be no You

They want proof of all these miracles I claim
'Cause only fools believe that men can walk on waves
Maybe it's true

Unaware of popularity
And unconcerned with dignity
You made me free
That's proof enough for me

I would be a fool for You
Only if You asked me to
A simpleton who's only thinking of
The cause of love

I will speak Jesus' name
If that makes me crazy
They can call me crazed

I'm happy to be seemingly naive
I do believe --
You came and made Yourself a fool for me

-- "Fool for You" by Nichole Nordeman

This is not a song exhorting fools; it is a song of trusting in my God, even when the world sees me as one. When they think they know better, I can only say that I have all the proof I need -- even if it's not the kind of proof that Man is looking for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home