Friday, July 01, 2005

A little bit of crazy

I feel like a little girl
Trying to conquer the whole wide world
Everybody wants a piece of me
And I just don't know where to turn
I've got worked piled up to my head
All I want to do is jump into bed
And wash away my troubles with lemonade

All I need is a good disguise
One where nobody can recognise
That I'm feeling so small

-- "Little Superhero Girl" by Corrinne May
***

The timing couldn't have been any better; the laughter was really a welcomed distraction. The truth is that, I've been feeling a little under the weather this past week, and I'm grateful for any respite that I can find.

***

I talked to an old friend the other day, and as she put up wall after wall after wall, my heart broke. I know where it's heading because I've watched her self-destruct time after time after time, over all these years. And each time she is hurt, a new wall goes up; each time, it gets harder to tear down.

We talked, we laughed, and then fell silent.

I heard her tears though the silence, and I cried.

***

I read this, and I cried.

I listened to this, and I cried.

***

Last night, an SMS came in: "You will be to me unique in the world. I will be to you unique in the world."

Suddenly, the cloud lifted, and all was good again.

And I cried, and cried, and cried.