Monday, April 25, 2005

Juggling

In the past, exams have always taken first priority; everything else gets put on hold until afterwards. This semester is a little different. In some ways, I didn't really have a choice. They came fast and furious, and I found myself juggling more balls than I could handle. All of a sudden, my exams seemed the least of my worries -- the one ball that I could put down.

It's an amazing mixture of trepidation and expectation, when you find that you no longer have the strength, to put everything at the foot of the cross: God, help me to honour You in all I do. Let that be my purpose -- my desire -- first and foremost. On the one hand, everything in you tells you that if you don't hold it all together, everything will fall apart, and yet, the other part of you knows that every time you come to God with such surrender, He makes something so beautiful out of it that you never could imagine was possible.

More than halfway through, and you couldn't even tell that I was in the throes of exam fever. I find it hard to believe how I've survived it. I haven't just survived, even -- I've enjoyed every step of it, and I'm learning so much more than just trying to get a good grade.

God has been amazing in all of this. Me? I'm just enjoying being in awe of the view from here.

"But seek first the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you."

-- Matthew 6:33 (NKJV)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home