Sunday, December 12, 2004

Frightened

"Regardless of the cause, none of your problems could happen without God's permission. Everything that happens to a child of God is Father-filtered, and He intends to use it for good even when Satan and others mean it for bad."

-- The Purpose-Driven Life by Rick Warren

It's easy to read this and say "Amen!" when the biggest of your problems is worrying about examination results. It's quite another thing to cling on to God's truth when both your parents are due for surgeries, 24 hours apart.

I know that it'd probably be healthier to cry on someone's shoulder, but for now, I cannot think of doing anything other than pretending that nothing is wrong.

I don't need comfort, or anything that anyone can give. I need my parents to be well. I need this week to pass quickly and for everything to be back to normal. I need these tears to stop flowing. I need my stomach to stop churning. I need my parents to stop pretending that everything's okay, when inside, they are more frightened than I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home