Sunday, January 02, 2005

They'll get it one day

I don't care what they say about me
It's all right, all right
I don't care what they think about me
It's all right, they'll get it one day

I love You, I'll follow You
You are my, my life
I will read my Bible and pray
I will follow You all day

I don't care what it costs anymore
'Cause You gave it all, and I'm following You
I don't care what it takes anymore
No matter what happens, I'm going Your way

Anyone around can see
Just how good You've been to me
For all my friends that don't know You
I pray that You would save them too

-- "All Day" by Hillsong

It's tempting to jump out of my seat each time I hear of God's word being skewed or misunderstood. But I've learnt that, many times, people are looking to win an argument, rather than to search for truth.

"It's okay, lah," I remember Z telling me once. "Don't need to defend the church. God will defend His people."

They'll get it one day, I try to tell myself. The truth will always come to pass simply by its virtue of being unchangeable.

For those of you who are truly searching, even just for an inkling of who the Christian God is, a good book to pick up is C. S. Lewis' Mere Christianity. There are, and have been, many anointed Christian authors, but what sets Lewis apart from the others is that he never forgot his point of view as a former atheist. This is what made him write with passion and objectivity, faith and reason.

[Edit: I hadn't realised that Mere Christianity is also Mark's Book of the Month! :) I think I'll pick it up again, too, right after I'm done with The Screwtape Letters.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home